This is the first semester that I have actually been excited about classes. "Taking 19.5 hours is going to be really tough" they said. However, after the first two weeks of school I have decided that it is totally doable. Beginning my major classes is the best thing that could have happened to me in my schooling career. This is the first time I have found myself excited to learn and even be attentive in class. Not only am I enjoying my classes but I am really thinking about my future/ future career and I am excited!
Parker and Clark have been talking a lot about North Carolina standards and I am starting to see the truth on why these standards are applicable to us students in training to be teachers. Not only do I understand them but I am being to understand how I would use them in my own class (that I do not have yet). I really appreciate that Clarker lets us talk and interact with them and each other because I loathe lectures with all my heart and having to sit and listen for 2 hours to a monotone lecture is basically my nightmare. However, thanks to Clarker they do not believe in that method and explain to us why they do the things they do. When they explain why they choose to do something the way they do it I then find myself analyzing other things they do and also methods of my other teachers.
I have found myself already subconsciously reflecting on things and standards that I have not previously reflected on and I am giving that credit to my education 250 teachers and their knowledge of how to prepare up and coming teachers.
Jenna,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we have you thinking, and I'm glad this has helped reinvigorate you. Reflection is probably the most important thing you can do right now to grow as a teacher candidate. I love that you are already analyzing our teaching and your other teachers and beginning to create your own frame for how you classroom could run. That's the point of everything we do. As you progress through this course and your other education classes, I challenge you to dig deeper with your reflection. Begin by making connections between the NCTCS and what you are learning as we go in depth with them. You are headed in the right direction for a successful career!
Hello Jenna! I'm so glad for you discovering yourself reflecting and analyzing this amazing and mature things about your future! I agree with you that Dr. Clarker explain really well. It is easy to understand what they do and the reasons why they do it. Even having clearly my ideas about which kind of teacher I want to be and even don't understanding everything happened in class or every conversation, I also feel the inspiration with Clarker. I can feel it even being so far from home in a really different culture and education system. They show how the education starts here, at university, putting inside you a little seed of critic thinking, a little seed of respect for this profession... And for sure a lot of students like you, after this beginnings, will be a really good teachers and I'm glad to taking part of this.
ReplyDeleteI am so excited that school is becoming more refreshing for you! Being in a class where you get to talk about what you want to do with your teaching career is an awesome opportunity to find just how passionate you are! It's obvious that you really love being active and getting others involved. This energy is so very important when you get to start interacting with your students. I hope that this enthusiasm increases as you get deeper into your semester and pursuit of teaching.
ReplyDelete