Wednesday, September 30, 2015
Hands on experience.. Kind of
This week going to the elementary school was very interesting! I am glad we went because I haven't been in an elementary school since I was in elementary school. It was good to see the kids behaving and interacting with the teacher. Going to the school opened my eyes to the fact that I think I could some day work in an elementary school. Previously I thought that I would only work with High school but after seeing those kids I had a twinge of desire to work at an elementary school not that I've totally changed my mind but I think I could be versatile. I am glad we have the opportunity to see all of the possibilities around us because it gives us a greater understanding of education and the tactics of teaching. After being in the school I am excited to go out into schools to start my experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jenna I agree with you. I think it is a great experience that we get to go into all the different grade levels and experience how they each work. Maybe it will open up our eyes to something we never thought we would want to do. I am glad we get to observe different teachers and see how they run their classroom.
ReplyDeleteElementary is totally different than the middle school visit that we made today. After the visit today to the middle school I realized that the older kids is what I want to work with such as middle school and high school. I prefer not to work with elementary school if I don't have to.
ReplyDeleteJenna!
ReplyDeleteIt's a really good thing that you realizes that maybe you can work with all the ages in education. When someone loves education, normally this happen, you have your preferences but you discover a great things in all the levels at school.
I can't wait to know at the end what you will do, for sure it will be funny and you will be a great teacher.
My mind has changed too since I went to the middle school, I was not sure what age group I wanted to go into, but now that I have went to a middle and high school there is no doubt that I want to be in a middle or high school classroom.
ReplyDeleteJenna,
ReplyDeleteMake sure you are referencing the checklist for blogging as you are writing your blogs. I need to clearly see how you are connecting the experiences of the clinical placements and class discussion to your future profession.
I liked that this experience might have changed your mind about where you want to teach. I believe it was supposed to, to give you a different feel. Elementary is great and I'm glad that you had a great experience.
ReplyDelete