Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Kool K.U.D.

Know, Understand, Do. This concept has been recently introduced to me in Education 250. I had no idea what it was before this class. When I saw the K.U.D. on the board, I tried to figure out what it could be and my guess was way off.
But making your students know what you want is so important because if they don't know what you want then they will not do it and thus won't learn it.
Having your students understand is necessary because they need to know why it effects them, and how it should be used/for what purpose.
Having your students do is so very very important because personally I can't learn anything unless I do it and practice it.
I am still very fuzzy on the Introduction to the Common Core and it's difference from the essential standards. I think that as we go on I will start to understand it.

1 comment:

  1. Jenna,
    As a reminder, Common Core refers to the Reading and Math standards that many states (including NC) uses to guide instruction. The NC Essential Standards refer to every other subject. I would encourage you to take a "deep dive" into your standards for this semester so you can internalize the standards.

    Remember, we want to see the connections you are making by taking the class. Please do not just repeat what was talked about in class. Instead, take the conversations and make connections for what it means for your future in teacher ed, student teaching, and your career. So, based upon this blog entry, you stated you need to spend additional time learning the NC SCOS. What action steps are you planning to take?

    ReplyDelete