As a child and even still to this day I dislike school. Sitting in class for hours just listening to a teacher talk is probably one of my least favorite things. This is probably due to the fact that I can't sit still and I would much rather be moving and playing. This is one reason I want to be a physical education teacher. I want to help students enjoy what I enjoy and learn how to be physically fit.
Since beginning this education 250 class it has made me think about the methods teachers of mine have used in the past and think about how they made me feel. Unfortunately I think I have had more bad teachers than good ones in my school career. This determines me to be an even better teacher someday.
By taking this education class I hope to learn different teaching styles so that I may be a good teacher to all students. Already from just the first two classes we have had I can tell that this teaching thing is going be harder than expected. However, it doesn't scare me but excites me.
The NCTCS requires all teachers to have a broad base of knowledge on many subjects which I believe is a good plan. Having well rounded teachers is one of the best plans for the schools. Even though I want to be a P.E. teacher I still think it is important for me to be well educated so that I can also have the respect of the students and also of the teachers I work with.
I’m sorry you’re had so many bad teachers but I like that after you’re seen what those teachers did wrong that you have set out to make a difference and be the kind of teacher students actually like to have as their teacher. I know this stuff can be hard and a bit overwhelming but I’m glad that has not deterred you from what you’ve set out to do.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with how you said you started evaluating your old teachers. I also found myself criticizing the methods I had witnessed that failed to do their job. As we learn even more, we will gain a more critical eye for what we want to mimic and what we want to avoid in our own teaching careers. However, it is great that you have remained so optimistic throughout your negative experiences. That kind of energy is exactly what you need to get your students excited for your p.e. classes! How will you use your class to get them excited about other subjects as well?
ReplyDeleteYou make a very good point in your blog. Having a broad base of knowlege is very good to have in any teaching profession. I believe you will be the best P.E. teacher out there. You are very energetic and the kids will love you. You can use so many different methods in your teaching to keep the kids going. They will enjoy you and just think of what your bad teachers did to leave you uninterested. What can you change that they did to make your teaching more interesting?
ReplyDelete